We are excited today to launch Trove, a high-quality, affordable, full-service storage experience.
We have all experienced the hassle of moving and storing. From getting lost in the dusty corridors of some dimly-lit warehouse, to finding that our favorite sofa just won’t fit down the stairs, all of our team members have their own stories that inspired us to start Trove.
What We Didn’t Know About Self-Storage
As we got started, we found that we weren’t alone:
- 11 million United States households currently use self-storage
- There are 500+ warehouses in the San Francisco Bay Area and ~60,000 nationwide
- There is currently 2.3 billion square feet of rentable self-storage available, or a small closet for every single person in the USA
When we talked to current and former storage customers, they repeated the same thing over and over again when asked about how they chose their storage provider — proximity. However, choosing to store in densely populated areas means higher prices for storage and lost opportunities for communities that are already starved for prime real estate.
At Trove we believe that our customers and communities deserve a better way to store.
How Trove is Unique
When you choose Trove, you are choosing not only a service but also a partner. From your first phone call to your final return, our team at Trove will treat you and your belongings with the respect you — and they — deserve. That’s why:
- We partner with experienced professional movers who carefully prep, pack and move your items into storage
- We store in secure facilities located outside of urban centers
- We prepare a photographic inventory so you can always keep track of your personal Trove and request some or all of your items to be returned, at any time
- We provide upfront pricing by the square foot, so you only pay for the space you need
- We back our service with the Trove Satisfaction Guarantee
We are excited to be serving the San Francisco Bay Area and hope to be available in your community soon.
Building the Future
Mass adoption of e-commerce over the past 20 years has shifted our expectations to where anything is available for overnight delivery with a click of a button. However, to store items from your home, you still have to call around, reserve a moving truck, book a storage unit, buy packing materials, and make the trip (or trips) to your storage unit. Trove is changing that. We are excited to announce that we have raised $8 million in a series A round led by Greylock Partners to pursue our vision, and that Greylock partner Simon Rothman has joined our board.
Our goal is for Trove to become the last storage decision you’ll have to make. Whatever transitions life throws your way — from starting a family to selling your home — our team is here to help. Trove is storage made simple. Learn more today and get an estimate here.