Searching for storage for your items can be overwhelming. The first choice you have is whether you want to use self storage or a full service storage provider.
What is Full Service Storage?
Full service storage is an all inclusive, door-to-door storage experience (that’s not as expensive as you might think!). This is the service Trove offers.
Once you sign up and schedule your pick up, everything else is handled for you.
Movers arrive, catalog your items and wrap furniture to prepare for the move to storage. Your items are then stored in individual vaults in a warehouse.
You’ll get access to an online portal where you can see your inventory and request your items back as needed.
Read more about how Trove works.
When should I pick full service storage?
- Convenience: Many people move into storage while they’re moving between houses. Whatever your reason for moving is, choosing full service storage means you have one less thing to worry about. This is a one-stop-shop for getting your items out of your house and into storage.
- Fair Pricing: Full service storage isn’t expensive as it sounds. At Trove, we’re able to store items more efficiently in warehouse vaults than most people can pack in a storage unit. We charge by the square foot that your items take up, so you won’t pay for empty space.
- Keep Track of Your Things: After you’ve had a storage unit for multiple years, it’s easy to forget what’s stored in that box in the back of your unit, underneath a heavy piece of furniture. With Trove, you can keep track of what you have stored in your online storage inventory.
What is Self Storage?
Self storage is the traditional storage experience. A storage facility offers a variety of storage unit sizes for monthly leases.
Once you pick the unit you want to lease, it’s on you to pack your items and move them into the unit.
If saving money is important and you’re willing to put in a few days of work, you can choose to move yourself in.
Alternatively, many people hire professional movers to move them into and out of storage.
When should I pick self storage?
- Cheapest option: If it’s important to get the absolute lowest price, especially if you’re storing for a short amount of time. Most full service storage providers have a minimum number of months for a storage term.
- Move yourself: If you have the time and energy to move yourself into storage, or are willing to find, hire and supervise movers. It’s easy to underestimate how long moving takes, most full-residence move multiple days of work.
- Frequent access: If you need in-and-out access to your unit, for example if you’re using it to store items you regularly need for your business
If self storage is the right choice for you, we built a directory to help you find the best self storage provider in the bay area.