The Trove Satisfaction Guarantee
You can’t put a price on peace of mind…so we didn’t.
At Trove, we know how important your belongings are to you. And they are important to us, too. That’s why we automatically include Trove’s Satisfaction Guarantee with every storage service purchased through Trove.
Our professional crews and high-security storage facilities will take measures to keep your treasures safe and sound, but if for any reason something is lost or damaged, we will make it right in accordance with our Satisfaction Guarantee Terms.
The Trove Satisfaction Guarantee provides protection for your items against damage or loss, up to $5,000 per item, as explained in more detail in our Satisfaction Guarantee Terms. For items over $1,000, or for items in aggregate that are greater than $20,000 in value, we ask you to declare their value in advance so that the moving crews can verify before storing them. For items valued at more than $5,000, Trove offers supplemental insurance for an additional fee.
Please contact us at [email protected] for details.
What is not protected?
We will do our best to remedy any situation, but unfortunately we cannot offer protection for:
• Boxes packed before our moving crews arrive and which are not inventoried—we cannot guarantee what we cannot see! That’s why it’s so important to go through your personal Trove inventory and make sure everything is present and accounted for.
• Items listed as prohibited on our Prohibited Items Policy, including jewelry, gemstones, cash, stamps, coin or currency, banknotes, travelers checks, deeds, letters or valuable papers of any kind, coin or stamp collections, photo albums, scrapbooks, negotiable items, perishable articles, firearms, ammunition or contraband, or any items it is illegal to store, transport, or possess.
• Internal electrical or mechanical component of any device unless there are external damages. Loss of data and recalibration are also excluded. It is difficult for our moving crews to validate the original working condition of these devices.
• Furniture made from pressboard and/or particleboard. Our movers will do their best, but this type of furniture was not made to be disassembled and reassembled.
• Items made from extremely fragile or brittle materials, including china and glassware.
• Wear and tear resulting from an item’s age or condition.
• Damage that results from situations outside of our control, such as war, acts of government, terrorism, force majeure events and acts of nature, such a weather and earthquakes or insects and vermin.
• Items of extraordinary value. These are items which, because of their uniqueness and rarity, are substantially more valuable than something similar manufactured today. Among others, these items could include first editions of books or historically significant items.
• Any items that were provided in breach of our Terms of Service, or that are otherwise excluded under our Satisfaction Guarantee Terms.